MASSAWEPIE STAFF
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Home Massawepie Today
About Us Massawepie History

Massawepie Memorabilia from Before 1950


Image sizes are less than 50K unless otherwise noted.
Letter and envelope with Childwold Park House letterhead, postmarked at Massawepie on June 19, 1895 Postcard of Lake View House from Catamount Pond, 1898
Drawing of Childwold Park House and boathouse from lake (1890-1909, 87K) Fork from Hotel Childwold (1890-1909)
Card from Hotel Childwold (1890-1909) showing Charles E. Leland, manager (Posted) Notice for Childwold Park, "Henry G. Dorr, Owner", 1900-1910(?)
Postcard of Gale's Lake View House on Catamount Pond, 1909 (86K) Postcard of Childwold Park Hotel Boathouse and Massawepie Lake, 1909
Postcard of Childwold Park Hotel Lobby, 1909 New August, 2003: Postcard of Camp Manhattan, postmarked at Massawepie August 4, 1909        Front, with address & postmark       Reverse, with photo & message (144K)
Color Postcard of Lakeview House, Gale, 1910 Postcard of Camp Isola on current Eagle Island, 1911 (79K)
1920's magazine ad for "Camp Massawepie", a private boys' camp run by St. John's School of Manlius Deer Pin from "Massawepie Preserve, Tupper Lake" (date unknown)
Pass for the Grasse River Railroad, signed by Clyde Sykes, 1942 Patch for Camp Eagle Island in Sodus Bay (1940's, namesake of Massawepie's Eagle Island)


The information on this page is as complete and accurate as is currently known. Any corrections or additions are welcome, as are other tidbits of Massawepie History. Send them to Peter Collinge (see below, or mail to 77 Tall Oak Lane, Pittsford, NY 14534).

Page URL: http://MassStaffAlumni.org/MmrblOld.htm
Web Page Designed and Maintained by Peter Collinge
Added to the Web: March 8, 2002; Last Updated: August 21, 2003